Reply To: Tournament discussion & announcements: Halo CE 2on2 – 15 June 2015

Latest news Community Tournament discussion Tournament discussion & announcements: Halo CE 2on2 – 15 June 2015 Reply To: Tournament discussion & announcements: Halo CE 2on2 – 15 June 2015

Øby
Keymaster
  • Gamertag: iB L Oby
  • Nationality: Norway

LiNGeN: Score reporting only works for the person that registered the team. In the future I think we will just use the forum, since the score reporting requires reports from both teams to be visible even to us admins.

As for the continuation series, it is described (albeit in brief terms) on the rules page. Continuation series only happen in the Grand Final (GF). This is because the team coming from the WB has not lost a series, and thus should have an advantage. There are traditionally two ways of giving the WB team an advantage: two series GF or a GF with continuation series. We chose the latter, since that helps even out the advantage somewhat if the previous series was very close (3-2). (If the teams meeting in the GF have not played eachother earlier in the bracket, there would have been two separate 7 game sets, where the WB team only needs to win one to win the tournament.)

Anyone that followed MLG tournament finals back in the day should be familiar with how a continuation series works in practice. Moreover, the map list and starting score for the GF was posted here in the forum thread. We could probably have written out the rationale for the continuation series like I did above, but our judgment was that the rules page was long enough, and that examples and further explanations should technically not form part of a rules page.

PS: We hope to avoid FFA confusion in future tournaments 🙂

Thanks for your feedback, and please do reply back if there is anything else I can help explain or if you have more issues to bring up!